This applies to doing a SAVE AS to PDF. This is the old way of creating PDF's.
The new way is to do a PRINT - then select Microsoft Print to PDF.
When printing PDF files at the DOC center, some of my specialized fonts are printing as garbage.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher).
1. Open the file in Word (or Powerpoint or…)
2. Click on the big button to do a SAVE-AS - Select PDF
3. In the ‘save-as pdf’ screen click on OPTIONS button.
4. In the Options screen- PDF Options – put a check mark in the 2 boxes. (PDF/A .. and Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded....)
5. Then click OK, etc and continue saving as usual. This will create a PDF file that will print ok for the Doc Center. *
Note: PDF/A is the same as ISO-19005.
*The new way is to do a PRINT - then select Microsoft Print to PDF.